Skip to main content

We don't abandon our pursuits because we despair of ever perfecting them (Epictetus)

Dame Lisa Carrington - NZ's greatest Olympian



Speaking to Sky Sport, Dame Lisa said it had been a "long journey" and a "constant pursuit of growth and learning".

"Something I thought about today is that these Olympics [are] over so quickly. It's just enjoying the moment. So, for me to go out there, it's about getting it done."

"I just knew I had to trust my fitness at the back of the race and stay calm and push through and lean on my training."

"I just turn up to do my best. I love the paddling, I love the journey. Striving for excellence has given me a lot of growth over the last 12 years."

"I think you put goals out there to try and win. It's more than the medals for us - to have my team here, no matter the result, we as a team have done amazing things together. Thanks for the support at home, the pressure, the expectation, but to remember why I paddle is because I love it, so that's all I was trying to do today."

Dame Lisa Carrington after winning the K1 500 at the Paris Olympics
We're never going to be perfect - if there is even such a thing. Our pursuits should be aimed at progress, however little that it's possible for us to make.
Ryan Holiday (The Daily Stoic)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart (Marcus Aurelius)

 

R.I.P. Peter Joyce

What connection can there have been between many people in the innumerable histories of this world, who, from opposite sides of great gulfs, have, nevertheless, been very curiously brought together! Charles Dickens (in Bleak House )

He's the only Frank Zappa I knew (Captain Beefheart)