Skip to main content

Oh yeah - life goes on (John Mellancamp)


I have a wall display made up of my favourite aphorisms/quotes. I intend shifting these from my wall to The Purdzilla Show starting...NOW!

They come from a variety of sources - popular culture, literature, song lyrics, movies, history - everywhere!

 Along the way I'll try to explain why I love them - why they are favourites.

 John Mellancamp kicks us off and will feature a few times; he manages to encapsulate some deep wisdom in a short phrase in a lot of his songs. This one comes from Jack and Diane.

John's message of keeping alive that spirit of youth within yourself resonates with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's the only Frank Zappa I knew (Captain Beefheart)

R.I.P. Peter Joyce

What connection can there have been between many people in the innumerable histories of this world, who, from opposite sides of great gulfs, have, nevertheless, been very curiously brought together! Charles Dickens (in Bleak House )

That's about right: a little, no more (Michel Houellebecq)

Photo by Rupert Britton on Unsplash When all's said and done, the idea of the uniqueness of the individual is nothing more than pompous absurdity. We remember our lives, Schopenhauer wrote somewhere, a little better than a novel we once read. Michel Houellebecq (in Platform )