Skip to main content

We're all on the burning deck and nobody knows it except me (George Orwell)

Photo by Chandler Cruttenden on Unsplash


Whatever thought you think there's always a million people thinking it at the same moment. But that was how I felt. We're all on the burning deck and nobody knows it except me. I looked at the dumb-bell faces streaming past. Like turkeys in November, I thought. Not a notion of what's coming to them. It was as if I'd got X-rays in my eyes and could see the skeletons walking.

George Orwell (in Coming Up For Air)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people (Eleanor Roosevelt)

 

The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination (Carl Rogers)

  Photo by World Wanderer on Unsplash

We do not remember days, we remember moments (Cesare Pavese)